Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blast from the Past

So when I was driving today I was listening to the radio and what came on- Drift Away...not the version by The Nylons, but that got me thinking you know. I miss listening to The Nylons..I mean seriously good times were had listening to that band. So as Gaston would say, the wheels in my head where turning, and I started thinking of lots of awesome bands I used to listen to all the time and now don't for some reason. To name a few: The Cranberries, Simon & Garfunkel, Yes, They Might Be Giants, Lifehouse, Enya, Boston, Van Halen, and I have missed a bunch good techno and ratpack songs here and there. 

I guess the problem is I have been relying on the radio to give me good tunes lately. And might I say that it has not been meeting standards. I don't know if you've been watching this season of American Idol, but Randy and Simon both mention (as they are doing the "theme nights" 60's-70's-80's..etc.) that they think the industry doesn't make songs/music as great as they used to. And I for one have to agree. I just feel like I have to flip my radio dial all the time, but give me a tape, CD, or ipod with the above mentioned bands and I won't be doing much song skipping. I am guessing that many of these bands songs were unappreciated at their time of creation, and so perhaps the songs I dislike on the radio now will be "classics" in 30 years...I guess we'll see. For right now though, I going to listen to my blasts from the past, and love every minute of it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Bannis!!! I can't believe that you didn't tell me you have a blog. "I'm sooo happy!" to see what you are up to! Do you want me to make a mixed tape for you? I think i have the last tape the Nylons ever made. It could be yours for the right price. :)

Cory and Holly said...

Annie Oakley! I have got to say thanks again for the great weekend! We had a blast and are looking forward to this weekend! I think we need to brush up on our "Hound Trivia" so we can talk the talk! See ya later!

e said...

BLOG!